I Don't Get It

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Don't Get It

K-Lo over at The Corner blantantly mischaracterizes a letter from Michael Moore.
Your Day Won't Be Right [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
Until you read Michael Moore threatening my junior senator.
Posted at 9:05 AM
I suppose to some people a letter titled "a Cautionary Note" that warns incumbents that they are going to be held accountable for their voting records and their support of the war in the upcoming election is considered "threatening." Naturally she doesn't cite any particular part of the letter as evidence of being "threatening" nor does she point out that Moore explicitly singles out leaders of the Dems-- especially Hillary Clinton.
Nearly every Democrat set to run for president in 2008 is responsible for this war. They voted for it or they supported it. That single, stupid decision has cost us 2,592 American lives and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives. Lieberman and Company made a colossal mistake — and we are going to make sure they pay for that mistake. Payback time started last night.
...
To Hillary, our first best hope for a woman to become president, I cannot for the life of me figure out why you continue to support Bush and his war. I'm sure someone has advised you that a woman can't be elected unless she proves she can kick ass just as crazy as any man. I'm here to tell you that you will never make it through the Democratic primaries unless you start now by strongly opposing the war.
I'm not neccessarily endorsing everything that Moore is saying here, although in some ways I do hope it is true, I hope that we do have an election where accountability and the Iraq war is THE central issue. At the very least we'd have an election that is about the most important issue of the day instead of flag-draped GOP goons verbally flogging non-traditional familes for cheap votes.

Regardless, it's just plain stupid that K-Lo feigns offense or calls the letter "threatening" considering its target-- Democrats. If she and all the other warmongering neocons are so confident that this war is worth fighting for, that it is being fought the right way, and is supported by the American people then her party should be saying bring it on-- we'd be happy to make the election a referendum on the war.

0 comments in I Don't Get It

Post a Comment

 
I Don't Get It | Demagogue Copyright © 2010