London, Part I

Thursday, September 22, 2005

London, Part I

Hello from London, where I spent all of last week (M-F, I mean) and will be from W-F this week. Tip: if you don't want to feel old, don't go somewhere you used to hang out when you were young. I have some very, very fond memories of the summer of '88, when my then-girlfriend, with whom I'd been going out for only a few months (she's now Mrs. California) and I lived in a small flat with 7 (!) other kids from Ireland, France, England, and the U.S., did secretarial work during the days, researched Mrs. C's senior thesis at the British Library and the Fawcett women's library in East London when we could, and hung around Leicester Square the rest of the time. I strolled over that way last night and had supper in Soho (sadly, it wasn't raining, as it almost always seems to be in London, so there was no point in going to Lee Ho Fook's and getting the beef chow mein). It seemed to me that no two people on the street put together would add up to my age.

When did this happen?

0 comments in London, Part I

Post a Comment

 
London, Part I | Demagogue Copyright © 2010