Blogligations, Part 3

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Blogligations, Part 3

OK, OK, I'll bite.

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be [saved]?

"The Age of Reason" by Jean-Paul Sartre

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Does Wonder Woman count? I also had a thing for Anne from the PBS adaptation of "Anne of Green Gables." There have been others, but these are the first two that came to mind. (There are many more.)

3. The last book you purchased?

I'm being literal here-- "Lamb : The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. I just ordered it for my mom. I'd recommend it to anyone who'd appreciate a clever, slightly crass satire of Jesus's "missing years."

4. What are you currently reading?

I'm always reading more than one book at a time.

My light metro-fare: "The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Horror" by Christopher Moore.
At home: "My Life So Far" by Jane Fonda, um, just kidding. But I am reading "Freakonomics : A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything" by Steven D. Levitt


5. Five books you would take to a deserted island?

Five? Really? Only five? Why five? If I knew I was going on a desert island I would take heluva lot more than five.

1. Complete works of Paul Bowles
2. Complete works of Shakespeare
3. "Existentialism: From Dostoevsky to Sartre" by Walter Kaufmann
4. I can't decide if I would take the Hebrew Bible or "Jewish American Literature: A Norton Anthology" by Jules Chametzky (editor)
5. "The Army Survival Guide" by the Department of the Army or "Building Small Boats"


6. Who are you going to pass this (questionnaire) to and why?

My wife, my parents and my grandmother. They are the most likely to respond.

0 comments in Blogligations, Part 3

Post a Comment

 
Blogligations, Part 3 | Demagogue Copyright © 2010