He'd Rather Be the Puppeteer

Sunday, February 06, 2005

He'd Rather Be the Puppeteer

It's official. CNN reports:
Vice President Dick Cheney Sunday categorically ruled out a run for the White House in 2008, even if asked by the Republican president who recruited him back into government.

"I will say just as hard as I possibly know how to say ... 'If nominated, I will not run,' 'If elected, I will not serve,' or not only no, but 'Hell no,' " Cheney told "Fox News Sunday," making clear he intends to retire from politics at the end of his current term.

"... I've got my plans laid out. I'm going to serve this president for the next four years, and then I'm out of here."
Those last four words come as a great comfort to me and, I trust, to so many of us.

0 comments in He'd Rather Be the Puppeteer

Post a Comment

 
He'd Rather Be the Puppeteer | Demagogue Copyright © 2010