Ohio Voter: "I Was Dumb"

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ohio Voter: "I Was Dumb"

This article in the Washington Post contends that the GOP is losing its grip on "security moms." Some excerpts from the very end of the article:
Marylee McCallister, a mother of three who was a Republican for 42 years until this April, already has. She voted for Bush because she believed his warnings that the Democratic nominee, Sen. John F. Kerry (Mass.), would weaken the nation.

"I was dumb," she said. "Now, granted, they came here and rammed bombs into us, but I am afraid we have gotten into something full scale which perhaps did not have to be."
You've got to hand it to her for being that forthcoming. She didn't say, "I was confused" or "I probably should have known better" or "Bush's campaign misled me ...." She said, "I was dumb." And she was.

0 comments in Ohio Voter: "I Was Dumb"

Post a Comment

 
Ohio Voter: "I Was Dumb" | Demagogue Copyright © 2010