Poor Little Fella

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Poor Little Fella

Ralph Reed is no longer in the running to be the next lieutenant governor of Georgia.

Boo-hoo-hoo.

Which makes me think of my favorite (and only) personal encounter with Ralph Reed. I was attending a big right-wing conference several years ago. After watching a ballroom-sized crowd slavishly worship Ann Coulter, I decided to take a breather and walk around the lobby. As I turned around to head back to see the illustrious Alan Keyes, I nearly knocked over a very little man. Mid-sorry, I realized it was none other than Ralph Reed. It was then that I developed my theory of right-wing zealots in the vein of Ralph Reed, Gary Bauer and other petite megalomaniacs-- they likely have persecution complexes forged via repeated bullying in high school. I'm hardly a violent person and I certainly wasn't a bully in high school, however, Ralph Reed brought out a latent, hidden urge. I really wanted to push him down and call him a pipsqueak.

0 comments in Poor Little Fella

Post a Comment

 
Poor Little Fella | Demagogue Copyright © 2010