Did They See the Same Movie I Did?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Did They See the Same Movie I Did?

It's hardly surprising that the conservative religious site MovieGuide.org rates the movie Brokeback Mountain "abhorrent" and warns visitors that the acclaimed film has a "very strong pro-homosexual content." But other remarks in the group's review are truly bizarre. According to MovieGuide.org, Brokeback has:
... explicit sex scenes that sometimes come across as sadomasochistic, a pro-Marxist or pro-Communist subtext seems evident, with some strong anti-capitalist sentiments against one protagonist's employer, although that protagonist eventually proves to be a good salesman for his father-in-law's company ..."
Wow. I guess I totally missed the scene when Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal gathered with communists in a May Day rally in New York City's Union Square.

0 comments in Did They See the Same Movie I Did?

Post a Comment

 
Did They See the Same Movie I Did? | Demagogue Copyright © 2010