If This T-Shirt Existed, I'd Sure Buy One

Friday, October 21, 2005

If This T-Shirt Existed, I'd Sure Buy One

The latest chapter in the life of the world's biggest asshole -- courtesy of the Associated Press:
Rep. Tom DeLay appeared in court Friday for the first time since indictment, but arraignment on conspiracy and money laundering charges was delayed pending a hearing on his request for a new judge in the politically-charged case.

.... Inside the courtroom, Judge Bob Perkins told defense lawyer Dick DeGuerin that "the best way for me to handle" the request for a new judge would be to defer further proceedings. That set the stage for a pointed exchange between the two men that seemed as much a campaign debate as a courtroom exchange.

In respectful tones, DeGuerin noted that Perkins had donated money to MoveOn.org, a liberal organization that he said has been "selling T-shirts with Mr. DeLay's mug shot on it."

"Let me just say I haven't ever seen that T-shirt, number one. Number two, I haven't bought it. Number three, the last time I contributed to MoveOn that I know of was prior to the November election last year, when they were primarily helping Sen. Kerry," responded the judge.

MoveOn.org denied it was selling any such shirts, and issued a statement that said, "DeGuerin has either bad information or lied in court."
An attorney for Tom DeLay possibly lying in court? Imagine that.

0 comments in If This T-Shirt Existed, I'd Sure Buy One

Post a Comment

 
If This T-Shirt Existed, I'd Sure Buy One | Demagogue Copyright © 2010