Tough Job

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tough Job

I just heard that my brother-in-law is heading to the Alabama coast to help manage debris removal for his employer, the Army Corp of Engineers. He just got "called up" to do it last night and left early this morning for a 30-day assignment, with 12 hour workdays, no days off and a lot of hard labor. I worry a little about what he's going to see so close up and how hard it might be for him, especially considering that Alabama is his home state.

We've all seen so much of the raw footage of all the heartbreaking devastation-- but I can't imagine what it would be like if it is your job to clean it all up. If I get any messages from the field, I'll be sure to post them here.

0 comments in Tough Job

Post a Comment

 
Tough Job | Demagogue Copyright © 2010