We Know All About Your "Consultation"

Friday, July 01, 2005

We Know All About Your "Consultation"

Speaking on the retirement of Sandra Day O'Connor, President Bush had this to say
Under the Constitution, I am responsible for nominating a successor to Justice O'Connor. I take this responsibility seriously. I will be deliberate and thorough in this process. I have directed my staff, in cooperation with the Department of Justice, to compile information and recommend for my review potential nominees who meet a high standard of legal ability, judgment and integrity and who will faithfully interpret the Constitution and laws of our country.

As well, I will continue to consult, as will my advisors, with members of the United States Senate.
I wonder he plans to "consult" on the Supreme Court in the same way he planned to "consult" about Iraq
The world has waited 12 years for Iraq to disarm. America will not accept a serious and mounting threat to our country, and our friends and our allies. The United States will ask the U.N. Security Council to convene on February the 5th to consider the facts of Iraq's ongoing defiance of the world. Secretary of State Powell will present information and intelligence about Iraqi's legal -- Iraq's illegal weapons programs, its attempt to hide those weapons from inspectors, and its links to terrorist groups.

We will consult. But let there be no misunderstanding: If Saddam Hussein does not fully disarm, for the safety of our people and for the peace of the world, we will lead a coalition to disarm him.
I wonder if, two years down the road, there will be leaked British memos disclosing that Bush had already made his decision months ago and that a lunatic nominee was "now seen as inevitable" and that "intelligence and facts were being fixed around" supporting that nominee?

0 comments in We Know All About Your "Consultation"

Post a Comment

 
We Know All About Your "Consultation" | Demagogue Copyright © 2010