The Perks of Religion

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Perks of Religion

By now, I am sure you've all heard about the Reverend in North Carolina who resigned amid the furor created after he kicked nine Democrats out of his church because they refused to repent for voting for John Kerry.

What he did was totally idiotic, but as an atheist, I have to admit being a little jealous that I don't have convenient excuses for every idiotic thing that happens in my life
The guest pastor, Jack Sammons, the head of the Waynesville Baptist Association, spoke at length about the conflict, saying, "Satan has attacked the church."
I can totally relate: my car needs several hundred dollars worth of work because I forgot to change the oil, but now I have to wonder if Satan has attacked my car?

0 comments in The Perks of Religion

Post a Comment

 
The Perks of Religion | Demagogue Copyright © 2010