A Li'l Bit o' Starry Fluff

Monday, May 09, 2005

A Li'l Bit o' Starry Fluff

Warning: this post is death and politics free.

Not everyone knows this about me, but I'm a life-long Star Wars nut. When I was little I had one of those Star Wars-themed bedrooms, granted it was a little unusual because I was a girl. But my dad was a big fan and encouraged my love of all things Star Wars. Even today, in my basement, is an embarassingly large collection of Star Wars memorbilia, some original, some from the 90s re-release. Heck, I have a life-size Boba Fett helmet in my dining room and I sometimes drink my morning coffee from a Gamorrean Guard head mug. (Yes, I am very appreciative of my very kind and understanding wife.) I enjoyed Episode I and laughed my way though Episode II (if I had stopped laughing I would have been crying). Episode II was so bad that I've only seen it once in its entirety. It scarred me a little, especially the scene where Amidala and Anikin's romance was symbolized by the two of them playfully rolling around in a golden meadow in soft, amber sunlight. It wasn't just cheese, it was pure Velveeta.

So I've been very apprehensive waiting for Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

But I've been reading little snippets, here and there, that are starting to give me hope that it's actually good. Not A New Hope good or anything, but at least better than I or II. Hopefully Steven Spielberg can be counted on for being a good judge of epic films:
"I saw it about a week ago, and it's absolutely amazing. It's the best of the last three episodes. It's the best way you could possibly imagine for George [Lucas] to finish it off, it has a tremendous ending and it's very dark. You'll cry at the end. It's wonderful."
Then again, Spielberg has made or executive produced quite a few bombs in the past few years.

Here's to hoping that he's right. Anyone else going to see III next Thursday?

We now return to our regularly scheduled kvetching about much more important things.

0 comments in A Li'l Bit o' Starry Fluff

Post a Comment

 
A Li'l Bit o' Starry Fluff | Demagogue Copyright © 2010