Still Shocking, But Still--True?

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Still Shocking, But Still--True?

I promised to keep tabs on the bizarre court proceedings in California stemming from an ex-prosecutor's contention that, at the instigation of a judge, the prosecutor excluded Jews from a jury because the judge believed Jews would never vote for a death sentence.

The ex-prosecutor's day on the stand finally arrived yesterday, and there seem to have been some moderately exciting moments in the cross-examination.

What seems weirdest to me about this weird case is that the judge was himself Jewish (I believe; I can't find the article where I read that fact, though, so maybe I'm making it up) and opposed to the death penalty.

0 comments in Still Shocking, But Still--True?

Post a Comment

 
Still Shocking, But Still--True? | Demagogue Copyright © 2010