Just Peachy

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Just Peachy

I was all ready to dig into the new report from the Civil Rights Project. I read this quote and thought: "I am concerned and I want to know more, dagnabit!"
“Segregation has not gone away or been rendered harmless,” stated Orfield, director of The Civil Rights Project and a professor at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. “It is intense and much of its harm is based on the strong link between poverty segregation, racial segregation and school failure. As we enter into serious review and possible renewal of the No Child Left Behind Act and discussion of high school accountability, we must take the reality of segregated schools into consideration. Policies that ignore segregation often end up compounding existing inequalities.”

But then I was distracted by this headline:
Vaginas open up at Georgia State

Thanks Bookslut. Once again, you have totally ruined my concentration.

0 comments in Just Peachy

Post a Comment

 
Just Peachy | Demagogue Copyright © 2010