Legal Jargon: "I'm afraid our witness might have credibility issues"

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Legal Jargon: "I'm afraid our witness might have credibility issues"

What do lawyers mean by the foregoing sentence? It takes a lot of training, but there may be subtle clues.

This is what we mean if we furrow our brows and look pensive when saying it:
The witness [for the prosecution in a murder case] is alleged to have given contradictory statements to authorities, and he denied in court on Wednesday that the suspect had confessed his involvement in the youth's death.
This is what we mean if we burst into tears:
"My head is not good. I am crazy," the 25-year-old witness told Rotterdam Court.

0 comments in Legal Jargon: "I'm afraid our witness might have credibility issues"

Post a Comment

 
Legal Jargon: "I'm afraid our witness might have credibility issues" | Demagogue Copyright © 2010