Bush's Speech "Sent Shivers Up My Spine"

Monday, January 31, 2005

Bush's Speech "Sent Shivers Up My Spine"

I am well aware that President Bush's second inaugural address is nearly two weeks old, but I just stumbled upon this column by political counselor Dick Morris, offering ridiculous syrupy, sycophantic praise for Bush's Jan. 20 speech.

Seriously, Morris' column has to be read to be believed. (At first, I thought he was being sarcastic.) As you read these excerpts, keep reminding yourself that numerous candidates have actually paid this man hundreds of thousands of dollars for his advice:

President Bush’s second inaugural address was, in my opinion, not only the greatest since JFK’s but the best single speech I have heard in the past 40 years. And since that tally includes some I have written, it is heartfelt praise indeed! It was great not only for its words, phrases and sounds but for its policy as well.

... The quotes just roll off the tongue and lodge in the mind, probably forever.

The only thing rolling off Morris' tongue is Bush's bum.
When the president spoke of Americans “by birth or by choice,” it sent shivers up my spine. What a wonderful way to see immigration and immigrants!

.... the president refused to look the other way where there is tyranny ...

Whether you believe Bush is staring down every tyrannical ruler around the globe or not, it's clear that he has been willing to look the other way when the crime is genocide (look under "D" for Darfur).
... Hail to Bush for the willingness to embrace and articulate eloquence. And hail to Mark Gerson for helping him to get there. It only makes me wish I could write that well.

It only makes me wish The Hill would stop reserving a section of newsprint for your insipid thoughts, Mr. Morris.

Instead, just send them in a perfumed letter to the White House.

0 comments in Bush's Speech "Sent Shivers Up My Spine"

Post a Comment

 
Bush's Speech "Sent Shivers Up My Spine" | Demagogue Copyright © 2010